I have been so excited to be able to review Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil. About five years ago, my family and I made the switch from unhealthy oils to coconut oil. We love the health benefits and the taste of coconut oil. Tropical Traditions is very careful about making only quality coconut oil. Their coconut oil has been found to have very high antioxidant levels.
There are many ways to use coconut oil in your kitchen.
The following are a few of my favorite ways to use coconut oil:
-Melted and Drizzled over homemade popcorn
-Greasing the pan for making omelettes (Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil left no coconut aftertaste to my eggs.)
- In Baking treats, as a replacement for other oils. (Olive oil is a healthy oil, but should not be heated. Use it instead for cold dishes, such as pasta salad, as heating it causes it to go rancid and to create free radicals in your body.Coconut oil, on the other hand, has a high heat point, and does well at higher temperatures.)
- Healthy, no-bake treats, such as Nourishing Protein Bars .
- In the winter, we like to put coconut oil on dry skin. Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer.
Other uses for coconut oil, which I would like to try:
- To treat diaper rash
- Homemade Deodorant
Quality coconut oil may be an initial cost investment, but once you see the multitude of ways you can use it, it may actually save you money. Tropical Traditions generally has an sale/special, on their coconut oil.
Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil Quart Jar Giveaway:
Tropical Traditions is graciously giving away one quart size jar of coconut oil to one reader of Lily of the Valley.
Subscribe to Tropical Traditions newsletter.(leave a comment in the comments section, letting me know)
Additional, Optional Entries: (leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Tell me your favorite use for coconut oil.
2. Like Tropical Traditions on pinterest.
3. Like Tropical Traditions and Lily of the Valley on facebook.
4. Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect.
5. Follow Tropical Traditions on twitter.
6.Tweet, blog, facebook about this giveaway.
This giveaway ends on April 16th at 12 pm EST, and is open to US residents only.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it
Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.