- Plant a fruit/vegetable garden.
- Pick in-season fruit at a blueberry, strawberry, or blackberry patch.
- Freeze, can, or dehydrate seasonal fruits and vegetables for future months.
- Keep an inventory of household supplies.
- Maintain a shopping list of household needs.
- Make a rotating 2 or 4 week meal schedule and grocery list.
- Thaw meats the night before for dinner preparations.
- Make and freeze several meals for the future. (especially if you are having a baby soon or for some reason you won't have as much time)
- Learn how to make meals with as few processed foods as possible. ( For example, I want to learn how to make a delicious crust for my pot pies rather than the store bought variety.The aluminum in store bought pie crusts is most unhealthy. I also want to learn how to make more broths and creams.)
Any ideas that you can add to this list would be very helpful. May we look well to the ways of our households and not "eat the bread of idleness." (based on Proverbs 31:27) Finding ways to improve our household management can make us more efficient. Let us serve our family heartily today, even as unto the LORD. Let us be as the ant, who is constantly looking towards preparing for tomorrow. (They invaded my kitchen this morning, so I have carefully watched their diligence. Thankfully, they are gone, now.)